[Corpora-List] license question

Rayson, Paul rayson at exchange.lancs.ac.uk
Mon Aug 21 12:59:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

The "Attribution Non-commercial No Derivatives" and "Attribution
Non-commercial Share Alike" are suitable for non-commercial use:

http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/meet-the-licenses

Does anyone have any experience of using these CC types for academic
licensees alongside commercial licences for non-academic licensees? I'm
thinking, picking an example at random, of a creative commons licence
for a semantic lexicon which academic users can use for free alongside
something where commercial users come and talk to us separately for
licensing.

Regards,
Paul.

Dr. Paul Rayson
Director of UCREL
Computing Department, Infolab21, South Drive, Lancaster University,
Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK.
Web: http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/paul/
Tel: +44 1524 510357 Fax: +44 1524 510492