[Corpora-List] Corpora of comic strips/books

Axel Herold aherold at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 20 21:06:53 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I'm planning to write my master's thesis on the nature of the dialog data
from comic strips/books that might be seen somewhere in between spoken and
written language. Is anyone of you aware of corpora containing comic texts
(any language, though I'll focus on German)? Ideally the data should
indicate speaker--utterance(s) relations.

So far, I've seen a description of a comic corpus of bosnian, croatian and
serbian comic series that was tailor made for a special survey on a slavic
deictic system and marked up accordingly:
http://tusnelda.sfb.uni-tuebingen.de/TUSNELDA/b8/comics/comicheader.html

Any further pointers would be most welcome.

Best regards, Axel Herold.

--
[...] er mißtraute den Worten, die sich euphonisch und rhythmisch fügten,
mit dem behaglichen Schnurren, das den Leser hypnotisiert,