[Corpora-List] Question concerning audio file search

Thomas Schmidt thomas.schmidt at uni-hamburg.de
Wed Dec 20 22:43:39 UTC 2006

Dear Briony,

> does anyone know of an existing solution using a Windows graphical interface?

You might want to have a look at the ZECKE search tool. It is a (free, GUI
based, cross platform) concordancer designed to work on transcriptions in
EXMARaLDA format. You type in a (regular) search expression, you get a KWIC
concordance of matching results, and clicking on any of the results in the KWIC
table will take you a playback of the corresponding audio file. EXMARaLDA has
an XML format which is more powerful than the transcriber XML format, so it
should be possible to transform the latter into the former with an XSL
stylesheet. Take a look here:

http://www1.uni-hamburg.de/exmaralda/index-en.html

The software can handle wav files, a length of an hour or more should not cause
any problems. Feel free to ask me for assistance if you think you might want to
use this tool.

Kindly,

Thomas

--