[Corpora-List] Using MTurk for markup tasks (was Cost of part of speech tagging)

Alexandre Rafalovitch arafalov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 16:40:04 UTC 2006

An interesting approach would be to use Amazon Mechanical Turk for
this kinds of tasks. ( http://www.mturk.com/ ). At the moment, it is
mostly used for basic cognitive tasks, but I believe it allows to
filter the participants.

That way one could harness the research assistants or even students
all over the world doing the mark-up in their lesure time.

At the moment, I don't think an interface exists that will allow to
use MTurk for this goal, but that could really become a great project
for someone and possibly even a stream of papers.

Has anybody else given a thought to this?

Regards,
   Alex.