[Corpora-List] N400 and CWH question thank you

Linda Bawcom linda.bawcom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 2 00:57:14 UTC 2006

    I would like to thank Anthony Weaver and Morten Christiansen for being kind enough to take the time to browse and find the answer to my question regarding the meaning of N400 and CWH. For the curious Morten stated:

  The N400 is a negative going Event-Related (brain) Potential (ERP) wave that
 has been associated with semantic processing.  The CWH = Carol Whitney's Hypothesis.

  Best wishes,
  Linda Bawcom

      "Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind." John Donne