[Corpora-List] Giza++ issues

João Paulo da Costa Cordeiro jpaulo at di.ubi.pt
Wed Feb 8 13:49:02 UTC 2006

Hi Michiel,

I got it.
First, I tried with the gcc version 3.4.4 and it fails.
You need to have the 3.3.3 version installed to be able to accomplish
the compilation.

Since you have that, you only need to run the "make" command inside
the Giza++ source folder.

good luck
João Paulo

Michiel Kamermans wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck getting Giza++ compiled under cygwin? (or even
> getting the adapted windows version out there to compile on windows
> natively?)
>
> I'm trying to get it to compile on a machine I own so I can work with
> it but the GCC versions I have available to me are all too modern and
> flag various parts of the code as problematic.

| João Paulo C. Cordeiro, MSc     | Assistant Lecturer      |
| Human Language Technology Group | [www.di.ubi.pt/~jpaulo] |
| Computer Science Department     | [jpaulo at di.ubi.pt]      |
| University of Beira Interior    | [Tel: +351 275 319 700] |
| 6201-001 - Covilhã - PORTUGAL   | [Fax: +351 275 319 732] |