[Corpora-List] Executive Search: NLP Engineering Executive

Michael Osofsky mjosofsky at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 4 00:10:28 UTC 2006

JOB TITLE:  Engineering Executive
LOCATION:  Mountain View, CA

Want to transform the world of search?  This is a rare opportunity for a hands-on leader to develop a lean and mean startup team into a world-class engineering organization.  Strong candidates must have a demonstrated track record of growing and managing engineering teams, instituting appropriate processes, and motivating engineers to execute at an extremely high level.  Above all, we are looking for a very smart manager who is willing to get their hands dirty, choosing to lead by example.

We seek a candidate with experience in probabilistic software, natural language processing, or artificial intelligence.  Ideal candidates will have experience managing development processes for the Internet or software-as-a-service deployment.  Experience with enterprise software and build-buy decisions is also a strong plus.

Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we are privately held and VC-backed.

QUALIFICATIONS:
-10+ years experience in software engineering
-Exceptional analytical skills
-Startup experience required, particularly managing growth
-Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
-Formal study of innovation best practices a strong plus
-Ability to attract a following
-High degree of integrity, passion and drive

Please submit resume and cover letter via email to mjosofsky at alum.mit.com with the subject Engineering Executive.  US work authorization required.