[Corpora-List] Final CfP: LR4Trans-III Workshop in association with LREC 2006

Elia Yuste yuste at ifi.unizh.ch
Mon Jan 30 19:40:26 UTC 2006

T H I R D  /  F I N A L    C A L L    F O R   P A P E R S
Third International Workshop on Language Resources for Translation Work,
Research & Training
[www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/yuste/LR4Trans-III/index.html]

A Satellite Event of LREC 2006 (5th Language Resources and Evaluation
Conference) [www.lrec-conf.org/lrec2006/]

Date: 28th May 2006
Venue: Magazzini del Cotone Conference Center, Genoa, Italy.

A P O L O G I E S    F O R    C R O S S - P O S T I N G S

After the successful LR4Trans-I (28 May 2002, Las Palmas) and
LR4TRans-II (28 August 2004, Geneva) Workshops, we would now like
to draw your attention to this Third Edition. Please refer to the
workshop-related Internet pages (see below) to know more about the scope,
motivation, history, organising and scientific committees and latest
developments of this initiative.

Here the main points for now:

1) Target audience: we encourage participation from everyone interested in
translation and localisation technologies, from practicing translators to
translator trainers, going through researchers in various
interdisciplinary fields, ranging from computational linguistics,
translation to corpus linguistics, terminology and multilingual technical
documentation. We would be happy to have a more significant representation
of industry and government agencies handling electronic language resources
(LRs) to satisfy their multilingual needs.

2) Important dates (subject to slight changes):
- Deadline for workshop paper submission: ***10th February 2006***
---> Please note the NEW EXTENDED DATE and the slight modifications
in the dates below with regard to the two previous calls!
- Notification of Acceptance: By 20th March 2006
- Paper Final Version for Workshop Proceedings: 14th April 2006.
- Workshop Date: 28th May 2006.

3) Please download the full CfP text from
www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/yuste/LR4Trans-III/CfP.pdf

4) Note to potential authors: Please remember that only electronic
submissions uploaded in the remote EasyChair system will be accepted.
Please follow the submission guidelines and deadline as stated in
the CfP.

- Workshop home: www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/yuste/LR4Trans-III/index.html -
Workshop history (info about two previous editions and initiative
development): www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/yuste/LR4Trans-III/history.html
- Workshop current edition (motivation, topic coverage, people,
submissions): www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/yuste/LR4Trans-III/edition.html
- Workshop news: www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/yuste/LR4Trans-III/news.html
- Workshop downloads (e.g. CfP):
www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/yuste/LR4Trans-III/downloads.html

We look forward to receiving your submissions and welcoming
you in Genoa on 28th May 2006.

Elia Yuste (Workshop Chair)