[Corpora-List] Concordancer for Arabic

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jul 4 08:08:46 UTC 2006

By coincidence, there is also a review of concordancers applied to
Arabic texts in

  Roberts, Andrew; Al-Sulaiti, Latifa; and Atwell, Eric. 2006.
  aConCorde: Towards an Open-Source, Extendable Concordancer for Arabic.
  To appear in issue 1.1 of the new journal CORPORA, see
  http://www.eup.ed.ac.uk/journals/content.aspx?pageId=1&journalId=12505

We compare Arabic concordance via "market leaders" MonoConc, Wordsmith,
and Xaira with aConCorde, our free open-source concordancer; for more
details see http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/arabic

- naturally, I would encourage you to use aConCorde!
(and to subscribe to CORPORA :-)

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

--
Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Language research group, School of Computing,
Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT, England