[Corpora-List] Sentiment Analysis: Corpora and Software

Fredrik Jørgensen fredrik.jorgensen at iln.uio.no
Wed Jul 5 07:28:28 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am doing a study, evaluating programs for sentiment analysis, i.e.
determining the mood of a text to be positive or negative (or neutral),
either in general or towards a specific entity mentioned in the text.

1. Do you know any corpora to base the comparative analysis on? I am
looking for corpora annotated with sentiment values for each document
and/or sentiment values for all entities found in the document. Corpora
of newspaper articles is preferred, but any kind of texts will do.

2. Do you know of any programs, both commercial and non-commercial, that
perform well on sentiment analysis? I have a short list of programs, but
  would be glad if most of the well-performing software available was
included in the study.

Best Regards,

Fredrik Jørgensen
PhD Student
Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies
University of Oslo, Norway