[Corpora-List] Re: celex plus - evaluating morphological analyser

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 7 15:54:18 UTC 2006

Jerry,

if you want to evaluate yor morpological analyser,
why not take a look at the MorphoChallenge website
http://www.cis.hut.fi/morphochallenge2005/

This was a PASCAL network challenge to devleop morphological analysers
for Englsih, Finnish, Turkish, and the website has a standard
evaluation set, and a perlscript to compare  your results against this
"gold standard" - so you can directly compare your
precison/recall/F-score agianst other contestants (see results section)

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

PS for my attempt to CHEAT in the MorphoChallenge, listen to
http://www.cis.hut.fi/morphochallenge2005/AtwellKurimo.ppt  :-)

--
Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Language research group, School of Computing,
Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT, England