[Corpora-List] measuring distances between texts

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Mon Jul 17 19:17:52 UTC 2006

Dear Corpora colleagues, I have been mapping texts on the phonological level to investigate the closeness of the two sound pictures. I took different languages. I also took different poets and prose writers in the same language, mostly Russian and English. I wonder if you read my articles? I have measured the Eucleadian distances between two texts as the two sound chains of 30000 phonemes. I wonder how you compare the poetic texts? I have compared some 20 Russian poets and 3 English poets. This is why, I am very much interested in the work of those who measure distances between languages or between writers and poets. Do you know many scholars who work in the same direction? Looking forward to hearing from you soon to yutamb at mail.ru  Remain yours most sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia