[Corpora-List] Re: Lost paper

FIDELHOLTZ_DOOCHIN_JAMES_LAWRENCE jfidel at siu.buap.mx
Wed Jul 19 16:31:57 UTC 2006

Hi, Yafa,

The short answer to your question is: yes and no. I don't have the original
mimeo, but I do have one of the articles which is surely based on it, and
between the two of them, they surely include all of the points mentioned in
what you are looking for:

Karttunen, Lauri. 1973. Presuppositions of compound sentences. Linguistic
inquiry 4:167-193. [this I have, but you can surely find it in a big
academic library]
K., L. 1974. Presuppositions and linguistic context. Theoretical linguistics
1:181-194. [don't have this, but ditto]

These, by the way, turned up in a Google search, as well as a reference to
the mimeo.

SIL apparently used to have the mimeo on their web site, but that link is no
longer active. (You might try writing them, though.) If all else fails, try
getting in touch with Lauri.

Good luck.

Jim

yalraheb at computing.dcu.ie escribió:

> hi,
> Does anyone have a copy of Lauri Karttunen's paper: 'Presuppositional
> Phenomena', Mimeo. Department of Linguistics, University of Texas, Austin?
> It was probably written in the 70s but was never dated.
> I would be very grateful if you could contact me if you have a copy.
> Many thanks,
> Yafa

James L. Fidelholtz
Posgrado en Ciencias del Lenguaje, ICSyH
Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla     MÉXICO