[Corpora-List] sound pictures of 19 Russian poets

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Thu Jul 20 13:22:27 UTC 2006

Dear Corpora colleagues, I have analysed the Euclidean distances of 19 Russian poets on the basis of the frequency of occurrence of labial, front, palatal, back, sonorant, occlusive, fricative and voiced consonants in their sound chains. Anna Ahmatova is the closest to Xodasevich (0.863) and Lermontov (1.261) but far away from Iosif Brodskij (3.851) or Pasternak (3.289). Could  you advise me in what journal I may publish my article on the phonological distances between these 19 Russian poets? May be, you knows some scholars who may be interested in my results? May I ask you to forward this letter to them? I wonder who studies the sound pictures of poets in the way I do? Looking forward to hearing from you soon to yutamb at mail.ru  Yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Nosibirsk, Russia