[Corpora-List] Wavelet for NLP

Stefan Evert stefan.evert at uos.de
Sun Jun 11 12:01:57 UTC 2006

Thanks a lot for the detailed clarification. I've always been
thinking of wavelet transforms as a "variant" of Fourier
transformation, which is also (at least supposed to be) invertible in
the continuous case.

My impression from the original query was that the author is more
interested in using for coding or data manipulation rather than just
analysis, but this may be purely due to my Fourier-based
perspective. :-)

Best,
Stefan