[Corpora-List] Criteria to Building a Corpus for Text Classification

Mohsen Al-Thubaity althubaity at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:56:46 UTC 2006

Hi all

My sincere thanks to Ylva,  Eric and Ozlem for their response. All responses
are included in this E-mail.

What I mean by "text classification"  is " *a program or algorithm to decide
what genre or domain a text document belongs to *".

Actually, I am aware of text size.

 Is it possible to have different text sizes ranging from 100 words to
several thousands of words?

Governmental reports, as an example, have this variation in text size.

News papers articles does not have this variation.

Best wishes