[Corpora-List] mailing list corpora

Adam ENDRODI borso at vekoll.saturnus.vein.hu
Thu Jun 15 17:26:49 UTC 2006

Hello there,

For a light survey on communication style on the Internet I need some
10000 emails submitted to mailing lists or newsgroups.  Language and
topic wouldn't matter as long as they are written in latin letters
more-or-less (I mean English, German, French, Spanish, Polish etc).
I'm interested mainly in non-IT-related lists.

In the beginning I though it must be the most trivial task to find
archives suitable to my needs, but visiting a couple of public
archiver sites I realized they wouldn't provide robot-friendly
access to thousands of mails (mboxes), presumably because of the
fear of address-harversers.  Archive.info told me French law forbids
the publication of raw emails.  The op at mail-archive.com suggested
that I should google around.  That said I looked around, just to find
out mostly IT-related groups (software developers and such) make their
archives available in mbox, which does not cover all of my needs.

Thoughts, hints?  Have you run into similar problems or indeed I am
the only one to miss the obvious?

Thanks in advance:
adam

PS: Please CC me your reply if you don't mind -- I'm not a list member.
Excuse me the inconvenience.

[ You can read the messages at: http://www.uib.no/mailman/public/corpora/
Listadm Corpora ]