[Corpora-List] is Tonkawa incorporating or agglutinative?

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Fri Jun 30 12:54:50 UTC 2006

Dear Corpora colleagues, I wonder if there is a corpora of Tonkawa, an AmerIndian language of Texas, USA. Tonkawa is a very strange language. I wonder if I can find typologically similar to it among the other American Indian languages. What strikes me most of all the this rich material has been never studied. I mean American Indian languages have never been studied from the point of view of phonostatistic. Tonkawa has little labials. The other extrordinary feature is the length of Tonkawa words. They are very long. I wonder if Tonkawa is agglutinative or incorporating? Looking forward to hearing from you to my new address  yutamb at mail.ru  Remain yours most sincerely and gratefully Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia yutamb at mail.ru