[Corpora-List] Xaira for Linux?

Lou lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri May 5 08:55:08 UTC 2006

Pavel is quite right. You must install both ICU and xerces-c before you
can expect xaira to compile. You may also need a couple of other odd
things like zlib.h depending on your distro. There is also an
experimental debian package but it may not be up to date.

We're distributing via sourceForge now so the "betatest" is officially
finished, which is why I didn't update the web form. There's also no
need to register -- just go to the xaira.sf.net and download the latest
release. There is a link from the sourceforge site to the project site
at www.xaira.org, which in turn links to the xara-preview discussion list.

But you're right, it all needs a good spring-clean. Now, if we weren't
so busy fixing bugs...

Lou