[Corpora-List] BNC-XML Prize Draw: the results

Ylva Berglund Prytz ylva.berglund at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 09:48:57 UTC 2007

BNC-XML Prize Draw: the results

Keen readers of this list may remember that some time last autumn we
sent out a call for error reports and suggestions for improvements in
the BNC XML edition. We are very grateful for all the valuable responses
we received. Your contributions have helped make the new edition what it
is!

At that time, we promised to send a free copy of the new corpus to one
of those contributing suggestions and corrections. Ironically, the
winner we identified at the start of March was John Sinclair, whose
death was announced on the same day as we started taking orders for the
new corpus. We have therefore decided instead to dedicate the new corpus
to his memory, and to send copies of the corpus to not one but three of
the other people who gave us feedback. The three winners are:

Fabrizio Gotti, Martin Reynaert, and Karin Axelsson.

A big thank-you, not only to the three lucky winners but also to
everyone who took part in the draw by submitting their feedback.

For more information on the BNC XML Edition, please visit the website at
http://www.natcorp.,ox.ac.uk/XMLedition

The BNC Team

--
Dr Ylva Berglund Prytz