[Corpora-List] Help on SQL SELECT and UPDATE statements ? (fwd)

Listserv Administrator listman at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Aug 4 18:05:24 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:36:43 -0600
From: Mark Davies <Mark_Davies at byu.edu>
To: corpora at uib.no
Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] Help on SQL SELECT and UPDATE statements ?

A couple of people have emailed me possible solutions to the problem
that I posed in the original message. I should mention, though, that the
SELECT command can't reference specific words ('to', 'the', 'plant',
'stop', etc). Those words (and the made-up frequencies) are just
samples, but they do represent the type of entries that I have from an
actual table of 3+ million word/POS bigram types from a 20 million word
tagged corpus.

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Professor of (Corpus) Linguistics
Brigham Young University
(phone) 801-422-9168 / (fax) 801-422-0906
Web: davies-linguistics.byu.edu

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **