[Corpora-List] Linguistic Tree Constructor

hanane.mahjoubi at voila.fr hanane.mahjoubi at voila.fr
Wed Aug 29 12:29:43 UTC 2007

Ulrik wrote;
> Hi Hanane,
>
> well, um, ... no, LTC doesn't read Microsoft Word files, if that's what
> you mean.
>
> LTC reads either its own .ltc format (if you choose "File --> Open"), or
> a number of other formats (if you choose "File --> New").
>
> If you choose "File --> New", you can choose, for example "raw text
> (".txt"), or another file format called ".gen" (for "generic").
>
> The .gen file format is specified in the LTC User's Guide, in an
> appendix. It's not difficult to write, say, a Python script, that writes
> a .gen file from whatever file format you already have. The .gen format
> even has support for importing ready-made trees (so long as there are no
> crossing branches).
>
> What format is your data in?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ulrik

Hi Ulrik,
My data is a word file but i didn't succeed in opening it through ltc (file-new)
i read the usedsguide but it didn't help since the file i have has an extension(.doc)
how can i change the extention of a .doc file to .txt or .gen file? and does it help if i put my file under a format other than word?
Hanane.