[Corpora-List] Papers from LAEL PG 2006

Costas Gabrielatos c.gabrielatos at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Dec 10 17:37:12 UTC 2007

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear All

This is to let you know that Volume 1 of Papers from the Lancaster University Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and Language
Teaching is now available.

Papers from LAEL PG is an online, open-access, peer-reviewed publication featuring full papers presented at the Lancaster University
Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and Language Teaching (LAEL PG), held annually in July. The corresponding annual volume is
published in November/December of the year following each conference. Both the conference and the publication are organised by PhD
students at the Department of Linguistics and English Language (LAEL), Lancaster University, UK. Each volume is edited by a
different team of PhD students at LAEL.

-- Central webpage: http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/pgconference/

-- Volume 1 (with links to individual papers and the whole volume): http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/pgconference/v01.htm

Contents

Local literacies in a Cameroonian village
- Ian Cheffy

Code-switching between English and Mandarin Chinese on postings in a college-affiliated bulletin board system in Taiwan: A
functional approach
- Szu-Yu Ruby Chen

Self presentation via direct speech in Greek adolescents' storytelling
- Sofia Lampropoulou

The politics of social justice: A visual and verbal analysis of poverty in the news
- Michele W. Milner

Now I am alone: A corpus stylistic approach to Shakespearian soliloquies
- Sean Murphy

Older learners of German and their use of language learning strategies
- Kay Ohly

Asymmetric patterns of English article omissions in L2A
- Nattama Pongpairoj

Possible worlds in the Theatre of the Absurd
- Katerina Vassilopoulou

'I suggest that we need more research': Personal reference in linguistics journal articles
- Dimitra Vladimirou

Best wishes

Costas Gabrielatos, Richard Slessor, J.W. Unger

Joint Editors, Papers from LAEL-PG 2006
Department of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YT
http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/pgconference/v01.htm