[Corpora-List] Job: NLP / Language Engineer (London)

Osvaldo Spadano ospadano at fizzback.com
Thu Dec 13 15:06:42 UTC 2007

NLP / Language Engineer

The Fizzback Group (www.fizzback.com) is one of the fastest growing
companies in customer experience management. We provide a technology based
research & analytics service that helps consumer facing businesses change
the way they capture, analyse and act on customer feedback.

Backed by a well known Venture Capital firm, we are pursuing rapid expansion
plans, both in terms of staff and new clients. In order to deliver on these
plans we are looking to hire an exceptional Language Engineer, experienced
in Natural Language Processing (NLP), to join the company.

This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for making a real impact,
innovate and help creating a superb team. With our funding, prospects,
entrepreneurial culture and stage of existence this is a truly exciting time
to join us.

Location: Central London, Leicester Square
Type: permanent/full-time
Salary: Highly competitive + pension contribution and private medical
insurance

__Position Description and Responsibilities__:
You will be responsible for all aspects of linguistic software development,
including architecture, design, coding, documentation, QA, deployment and
management. Additionally, since you will be working on key components of our
core technology platform, you will have the unique opportunity to
significantly impact on the success of our products and company. You will
also be responsible for:
• Continuously finding ways of improving the existing NLP service within a
Service Oriented Architecture
• Designing and implementing new features, functionalities and technologies
• Defining better ways of quickly and reliably providing NLP services as
part of the delivery process of a new and complete service to Clients
• Help defining, using, standardising and improving adherence to best
practices
• Providing technical leadership to other software developers

__Job Requirement / Profile__:
• Excellent knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP) theory and
practice, and statistical methods; in particular experience in applying
Information Extraction from text and Machine Learning techniques
• Experience in developing NLP tools and applications using existing
frameworks and architectures
• Strong programming skills in Java and  XML
• Strong  verbal and written communications skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. MSc/PhD in Computer Science an advantage
• Hard working, with high energy, self-motivation and initiative

To apply please email your CV and cover letter to recruit at fizzback.com

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:29