[Corpora-List] 3rd Language & Technology Conference: Human Language Technologies as a Challenge for Computer Science and Linguistics

ELDA info at elda.org
Mon Feb 5 15:13:37 UTC 2007

(apologies for multiple postings)

October 5-7, 2007 , Poznan , Poland , www.ltc.amu.edu.pl
<http://www.ltc.amu.edu.pl>

CALL FOR PAPERS

Dear Colleagues,

You are kindly invited to participate in the 3rd Language and Technology
Conference (LTC'07), a conference organized by the Faculty of
Mathematics and Computer Science of Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan,
Poland in cooperation with the Adam Mickiewicz University Foundation.

At the beginning of the 7th Framework Program, recently launched by the
European Commission, Human Language Technologies continue to be a
challenge for computer science, linguistics and related fields
as these technologies become an ever more essential element of our
everyday technological environment. Since Ajdukiewicz, Tarski, Turing
and Chomsky (i.e. since the very beginning of the Computer Age)
these fields have influenced and stimulated each other. Technological,
social and cultural globalization has created a favouable climate for
the intensive exchange of novel ideas, concepts and solutions across
initially distant disciplines. We aim at further contributing to this
exchange and we invite you to join us at LTC'07 in October, 2007.

CONFERENCE TOPICS

---------------

The conference program will include (without being limited to) the
following topics:

     * electronic language resources and tools

     * formalisation of natural languages

     * parsing and other forms of NL processing

     * computer modelling of language competence

     * NL user modelling

     * NL understanding by computers

     * knowledge representation

     * man-machine NL interfaces

     * Logic Programming in Natural Language Processing

     * speech processing

     * NL applications in robotics

     * text-based information retrieval and extraction

     * question answering

     * tools and methodologies for developing multilingual systems

     * translation enhancement tools

     * methodological issues in HLT

     * prototype presentations

     * language-specific computational challenges for HLTs (especially
for languages other than English)

     * HLT standards

     * HLT support  for foreign language teaching

     * communicative intelligence

     * legal problems connected with HLTs (problems and challenges)

     * contribution of HLTs to the homeland security problems
(applications and legal aspects)

     * vision papers in the field of HLT

     * HLT related policies

You will have noted that we intend to continue traditional HLT interest
areas (cf. L&TC'05 topics). You may also have observed that we have
included a new dimension at the frontier between HLTs and the Homeland
Security field. We invite authors working in this domain to contribute
either on theoretical issues (e.g. legal aspects of development and
exploitation of HLTs) or technical developments (applications, software,
language infrastructure and tools). Political and mature vision papers
in this field are also welcome. * *

This list is by no means closed and we are open to further proposals.
The Program Committee is also open to suggestions concerning
accompanying events (workshops, exhibits, panels, etc). Suggestions,
ideas and observations may be addressed directly to the LTC Chair by
email (vetulani at amu.edu.pl <mailto:vetulani at amu.edu.pl>).

[ see web-site for more info, listadm Corpora]