[Corpora-List] CLEF-QA QAst: Release of the development dataset and second call for participation

Mihai Surdeanu surdeanu at lsi.upc.edu
Wed Feb 7 11:22:04 UTC 2007

Dear all,

It is our pleasure to announce the release of the development dataset
for the CLEF-QA 2007 pilot track Question Answering on Speech
Transcripts (QAst). We take this opportunity to launch a second call
for participation for this evaluation exercise.

QAst is a new CLEF-QA track that aims to provide an evaluation
framework for QA technology (currently just factual QA) on speech
transcripts, both manual and automatic. A detailed description of this
track is available here:
http://www.lsi.upc.edu/~qast
Some important dates:

# 15 June 2007: evaluation set released
# 30 June 2007: submission deadline

The pilot track is organized jointly by the Technical University of
Catalonia (UPC), the Evaluations and Language resources Distribution
Agency (ELDA) and Laboratoire d'Informatique pour la Mécanique et les
Sciences de l'Ingénieur (LIMSI).

If you are interested in participating please send us an email (at
turmo at lsi.upc.edu) with "QAst" in the subject line.

Best regards,
QAst organizers