[Corpora-List] Punctuation standards for speech transcription?

Lesley Carmichael Lesley.Carmichael at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 9 17:53:05 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I'm seeking examples of transcription standards used to produce a written display form of conversational speech, particularly voice mails. Are there conventions related to the insertion of punctuation?

The transcriptions of the conversational corpora I know of contain a string of words plus linguistic and paralinguistic feature tagging, but not a display form of formatted language including punctuation.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lesley Carmichael
Program Manager
Microsoft Speech Components