[Corpora-List] Spring 2008 conference dates (American Association of Corpus Linguistics)

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Tue Feb 13 20:08:31 UTC 2007

I have a strange request, but it is related to corpus linguistics
(conferences).

BYU will be hosting the conference for the American Association for
(Applied) Corpus Linguistics in Spring 2008. This is the same conference
that was held at Northern Arizona University (Oct 2006), U Michigan (May
2005), etc.

We already have a sense of what dates work best for people from the US
and Canada in terms of university schedules, but we certainly want to
pick a date that works for people from outside North America as well. I
would appreciate private emails from anyone who might possibly be
interested in attending AACL, who might have feedback on one or both of
the following:

1. The best time in your university schedule to attend a conference in
April-May 2008. (i.e. is there a semester break at your institution in
April 2008?). I know that this is a function of what country you're in
and I have already received a little bit of feedback, but more would be
useful.

2. Are you aware of any other corpus-related conferences in April-May
2008? I'm already aware of ICAME in Zurich in late May 2008 (possibly
May 25-28), and in the US there is AAAL and TESOL (some possible overlap
with AACL) in April. But info on any others would be appreciated.

Again, please send private emails, rather than messages to the entire
CORPORA list.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Professor of (Corpus) Linguistics
Brigham Young University
(phone) 801-422-9168 / (fax) 801-422-0906
Web: davies-linguistics.byu.edu

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **