[Corpora-List] Int. Conf. on Weblogs and Social Media -- Call For Participation

Nicolas Nicolov Nicolas at umbrialistens.com
Thu Feb 15 22:58:17 UTC 2007

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Int. Conference on Weblogs and Social Media
March 25-28, 2007
Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
www.icwsm.org

We're excited to announce the first International Conference on Weblogs
and Social Media, exploring phenomena and techniques for analysis of the
fast growing blogosphere and social media space.

The conference is fast approaching and we are planning an exciting
schedule with many invited speakers, pre-conference tutorials (March
25), and of course, great technical content (March 26-28).

The conference aims to bring together researchers from different subject
areas (e.g., computer science, linguistics, psychology, statistics,
sociology, multimedia and semantic web technologies) and foster
discussions about ongoing research on weblogs and social media. We
invite participation
from academia and industry.

Invited Speakers:

  * Ev Williams, Obvious Corp.
  * Andrew Tomkins, Yahoo Inc.
  * danah boyd, Berkeley School of Information
    and USC Annenberg Center

Tutorials:

  * Search and Discovery in the Blogspace
    Gilad Mishne and Maarten de Rijke, Univ. of Amsterdam

  * Spam in Blogs and Other Social Media
    Pranam Kolari, Akshay Java, Tim Finin and Anupam Joshi,
    Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County

Early Bird Registration:

  * February 21st, 2007

Organizers:

  * Eytan Adar, Univ. of Washington
  * Natalie Glance, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
  * Matthew Hurst, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
  * Mark Liberman, Univ. of Pennsylvania
  * Nicolas Nicolov, Umbria Inc.
  * Franco Salvetti, Univ. of Colorado at Boulder & Powerset Inc.

Accepted papers, posters and demos:

  http://www.icwsm.org/program.html

For additional information see the conference website: www.icwsm.org

Best wishes