[Corpora-List] Summary: lexicographic tools for parallel/comparable corpora

Olivier Kraif Olivier.Kraif at u-grenoble3.fr
Mon Feb 26 11:13:10 UTC 2007

Hello Joerg,
thank you for this useful summary.
I have not replied earlier to your question because I thougth that there
were some tools more specifically designed for lexicographers.
But it appears that most of the links you give concern generic tools for
multilingual corpora handling.

I give you one more link : Alinea is a free aligner and parallel
concordancer that has been evaluated in the last Arcade 2 campaign.
It obtained results close to the best system (aroud 98% F-measure for
european language pairs) and showed that it was particularly robust even
for very "distant" language pairs (French-Chinese, French-Arabic,
French-Farsi, etc.).
Alinea can handle POS-tagged texts, complex expressions searching
(regular expressions with tags and lemma), word-to-word aligning, and
bilingual lexicon extraction.

http://w3.u-grenoble3.fr/kraif/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=43

On the same site you can find :
- a review of links about tools :