[Corpora-List] Hierarchically classified corpora?

Ralf Steinberger ralf.steinberger at jrc.it
Tue Jan 16 16:20:59 UTC 2007

Dear Daniel,

The JRC-Acquis parallel corpus is available in 21 languages, including
English and German. Most JRC-Acquis texts are indexed with the
hierarchically organised Eurovoc thesaurus (you need to get a licence in
order to receive Eurovoc and info on the hierarchical structure, but that's
free for research purposes). Unfortunately, it is not about linguistics or
computer science.

You find more information about the JRC-Acquis, including the link where to
download it at http://langtech.jrc.it/ <http://langtech.jrc.it/index.html> .

Marko Grobelnik from Jozef Stefan Institute in Ljubljana has worked on
hierarchical classification, as well, using DMOZ. Would this thesaurus and
document collection be more appropriate for you?

I hope this helps.

Greetings from the other side of the Alps.

Ralf

PS: I'd be interested in hearing about the outcome of your work, when it
becomes available. :-)

Ralf Steinberger ( <mailto:Ralf.Steinberger at jrc.it> Ralf.Steinberger at jrc.it)

European Commission - Joint Research Centre (JRC)
IPSC - SeS - Language Technology ( <http://langtech.jrc.it/>
http://langtech.jrc.it,  <http://press.jrc.it/NewsExplorer/>
http://press.jrc.it/NewsExplorer)
T.P. 267, Via Fermi 1