[Corpora-List] RF

Timothy Baldwin tim at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jan 19 05:57:09 UTC 2007

Dear all,

Welcome to the new year.

Allow me to announce that the unthinkable has happened -- after only 6 weeks,
the RF position description is finally up on the HR web site:

http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/jobDetails.asp?sJobIDs=282801

with the due date for applications set at 23 Feb, 2007. Sincere apologies for
this having taken so long. A whole swag of things colluded to draw out the process
of setting the advertisement up, but we finally got there. The job is
apparently advertised on seek.com.au at present, and we have license to send
it out to whatever mailing lists we feel are appropriate. The sum total of
mailing lists suggested is, themed into different areas:

CL: <acl at aclweb.org>,<sigdial at loria.fr>, <CORPORA at uib.no>, <elsnet-list at let.uu.nl>, <alta-tech at ics.mq.edu.au>

I wonder if it is best if those who have "ownership" of each individual area
looks after send out a description to the relevant mailing lists, in order to
maximise impact? I'll happily look after CL. Are we happy sending out the
attached text-based advertisement?

Tim