[Corpora-List] Looking for lexicons of names

Anders.X.Lindstrom at teliasonera.com Anders.X.Lindstrom at teliasonera.com
Tue Jan 23 16:46:19 UTC 2007

The European project Onomastica (where I participated as an industrial representative) produced name pronunciation dictionaries in 11 languages: Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish. The work is described in numerous publications by the consortium as well as by individual partners, cf. e.g.:

Onomastica Consortium (1995): "The Onomastica Interlanguage Pronunciation Lexicon". Proceedings Eurospeech 1995, Madrid, Spain, pp. 829-832.

In a follow-up Copernicus project, pronunciation dictionaries in eight additional, Eastern European languages were produced. According ELDA's web-site http://www.elda.org/catalogue/en/speech/S0043.html, the latter project made its results available (unlike the former Onomastica project).

Best,

Anders Lindström
Anders Lindström, Ph.D.           e-mail: anders.x.lindstrom at teliasonera.com
Technology and Architecture       Tel: +46 (0)8-504 625 25
TeliaSonera Sverige AB            Fax: +46 (0)70-383 48 81
S-123 86 FARSTA                   GSM: +46 (0)70-669 75 63
SWEDEN