[Corpora-List] corpus of rated words

Janyce M. Wiebe wiebe at cs.pitt.edu
Fri Jun 1 13:21:08 UTC 2007

Our current subjectivity lexicon has words rated with what we call
their "prior polarity" -- out of context, would you expect a word to
be positive, negative, or neutral.  Many people also use the General
Inquirer lexicon.  We included that lexicon in ours, but with some
filtering out of words in that lexicon which we found in our work to
be too often neutral to include.

You can find the lexicon at www.cs.pitt.edu/mpqa under "subjectivity
clues".  (Note that "subjectivity" is linguistic expression of private
states, and includes expressions of sentiments, speculations, and so
on).

Hope this is helpful.

Best,
Jan Wiebe