[Corpora-List] Corpus Linguistics Textbook

Rob Malouf rmalouf at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Jun 20 18:23:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

How much computational background will the students have?  Is there a
particular programming language or operating system that you want to
focus on?

If your students are coming in with pretty good computer skills and
you'll be working in Python, this book might be a good choice:

	http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/

For a more introductory (and linguistically oriented) text, this one
has a lot of promise:

	http://nltk.sourceforge.net/index.php/Book

Also, textbook publishers will usually send you a free examination
copy of a book that you're considering adopting for a course, so
evaluating lots of textbooks doesn't need to be expensive.

---
Rob Malouf <rmalouf at mail.sdsu.edu>
Department of Linguistics and Asian/Middle Eastern Languages
San Diego State University