[Corpora-List] Swedish language resources

Beata Megyesi Beata.Megyesi at lingfil.uu.se
Fri May 11 08:24:31 UTC 2007

Please, apologize for cross postings!
-------------------------------------
Dear colleague,

Do you wish it would be easier to find Swedish language resources to use in research, applications or for educational purposes? You can contribute to this by answering a questionnaire.

Research and development of language technology systems needs an infrastructure of publicly available and standardized basic resources. Such resources have to be created for each language separately. For Swedish, there are several resources, but it is unclear what type they are of, and to what degree they are available. Therefore, we need to make an inventory and describe the existing language resources and how they are used. Also, it is necessary to survey the need of such resources for future development.

For the survey of language resources and need, we would like to ask you to answer a questionnaire. You can do that on the Internet http://www.speech.kth.se/prod/blark/blark_en.php or in a text file downloadable from the same address. There is a Swedish and an English version. We would like your answer as soon as possible, but before May 31, 2007 if your answers are to be included in the overview. To make
the inventory as useful as possible, it is of great importance that everybody who works with Swedish language technology participate in the inventory process.

If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us!

Thank you for your co-operation.

Sincerely,

Eva Forsbom (evafo at stp.lingfil.uu.se)
Beata Megyesi (bea at stp.lingfil.uu.se)
Department of Linguistics and Philology
Uppsala University
Box 635
SE-751 26 Uppsala
SWEDEN

Kjell Elenius (kjell at speech.kth.se)
Rolf Carlson (rolf at speech.kth.se)
School of Computer Science and Communication
Department of Speech, Music and Hearing
KTH
Lindstedtsvägen 24
SE-100 44 Stockholm
SWEDEN

Beata Megyesi (PhD)

Dept. of Linguistics and Philology,
Uppsala University
Box 635, SE-751 26 UPPSALA, Sweden
Tel: +46 18 471 1345 (office)
Fax: +46 18 471 1094
Office: room 9-2032 Engelska parken, Thunbergsvägen 3
E-mail: bea at stp.ling.uu.se
Web: http://stp.ling.uu.se/~bea