[Corpora-List] Corpora and SQL

Ulrik Petersen ulrikp at hum.aau.dk
Thu May 24 16:52:18 UTC 2007

I agree with Dr. Kilgariff: "A dedicated corpus query tool does
everything well without extra engineering".

The original poster (and others) might want to check out how I have
implemented a complete corpus query system on top of SQL. I haven't
compared its feature-set with CWB, but it is comparable to TIGERSearch
in that it handles syntax very well. It also handles word-level queries
quite quickly.

http://emdros.org

This is part of my doctoral research, and interested parties can find a
number of publications about Emdros here:

http://www.hum.aau.dk/~ulrikp/publications.html

The website also has extensive documentation on how it is done, and it
is Open Source.

Thanks.

Best,

Ulrik Petersen

--
Ulrik Petersen, PhD candidate (comp.ling.), MA (comp.ling.), B.Sc.
(comp.sci. & math)