[Corpora-List] corpus of narratives

Leech, Geoffrey g.leech at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 15:16:28 UTC 2007

Dear Chris,

It's not exactly a corpus, but there are quite a few texts in the BNC which seem to be largely oral narratives - they are interviews of individuals, some of them under the heading of "Oral History". The texts I noted as likely candidates in a cursory look through the BNC Users Reference Guide were: K61-5, K68-9, K6K, K6L, K6M, K6N, K6O, K6P, K6Q, K6R, K6S, K6T, K6U, K7G. For example, one text (K54) is called: "Suffolk Sound Archive: interview for the Museum of East Anglian Life". I think the interviewer's role is mainly to keep people talking.

These are British English, and are tagged.

Geoff Leech

Geoffrey Leech
Emeritus Professor of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University
Lancaster LA1 4YT
UK
g.leech at lancaster.ac.uk