[Corpora-List] Programming problem with Java

Alexandre Rafalovitch arafalov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 18:21:24 UTC 2007

You can use InputStreamReader to specify encoding, when you read the file in.

Alternatively, you can pass file.encoding system property to the Java
runtime. (see properties at
http://www.mindspring.com/~mgrand/java-system-properties.htm)

Finally, make sure that your default file encoding in Eclipse is
UTF-8, rather than CP-1252 or some such. This is especially noticeable
if you open arabic text file in Eclipse and it looks wrong.

Hope that helps,
   Alex
Research group: http://www.clt.mq.edu.au/Research/