[Corpora-List] Tools for manual control of corpus annotation

Emiliano Guevara emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
Tue Nov 20 12:52:40 UTC 2007

Dear Corpora list-ers,

I have to manually check a tagged corpus (I'm using TreeTagger). In
the past I have done this by using a simple text editor to open the
corpus files, but this was a rather tedious and monotonous task...

Since I'm planning to check a considerable amount of text (maybe 1 or
2 million words), I was wondering if you have tips or if you can
recommend any software package that makes the job easier to cope with.

The corpus is in plain text, column format (word....pos....lemma
\newline).
The ideal tool would be open source, compatible with UNIX-like
systems (Linux, Mac OS X).

many thanks in advance,

cheers

Emiliano R. Guevara
Facoltà di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
Dip. di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
Università di Bologna
Via Cartoleria 5 (40124) Bologna, Italia

Homepage: http://morbo.lingue.unibo.it/

E-mail:   emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
           emiguevara at gmail.com