[Corpora-List] Lists of English nouns, verbs,...

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Mon Apr 14 22:04:40 UTC 2008

And for American English, you might try the 360+ million word BYU Corpus of American English (1990-2007):

http://www.americancorpus.org

Just select the part of speech from the drop-down list, change the number of hits to what you want, and off you go.

Also, on both that site and on my BNC interface (http://corpus.byu.edu/bnc) you can select a genre or sub-genre from a drop-down list (e.g. MAGAZINES or MAGAZINE-Sports) and get the listing for that as well. I don't think this functionality is available from the other sites.

Best,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Professor of (Corpus) Linguistics
Brigham Young University
(phone) 801-422-9168 / (fax) 801-422-0906
Web: davies-linguistics.byu.edu

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **