[Corpora-List] Funded PhD Studenship: Computer Music

Robin Laney avol30 at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Apr 18 07:32:21 UTC 2008

Music Generation Using Statistical NLP Techniques

The department of computing at the Open University has a funded studentship available for
full time PhD study. One of the topics covers stochastic generation of music.
Suitable students will have either previous experience of computer music generation
in general, or alternatively some knowledge of statistical NLP techniques with some
general music experience, such as playing an instrument.

The position is competitive, so please contact me at the earliest opportunity
if you wish to apply.

Closing date is 30th April.

Further details are at:

http://www.computing.open.ac.uk/research-degrees/studentships

Please feel free to contact me informally for more information, by email or phone.

Dr Robin Laney,
Open University,
UK

r.c.laney at open.ac.uk