[Corpora-List] Question Generation

Vasile Rus (vrus) vrus at memphis.edu
Fri Apr 18 20:16:30 UTC 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to inquire about your potential interest in a workshop on defining a Shared Task on Question Generation.

Recently, a Call for Tasks at Generation Challenges 2009 has been posted and we thought about working towards proposing a shared task on Question Generation. There is a lot of work to be done, e.g. properly define the task (and subtasks), design an annotation schema, etc. Running a Question Generation task at Generation Challenges 2009 may not be possible.
It may be possible in 2010, with your help.

After consulting with some people, it looks like it would be a good idea to first run a workshop on defining the details of the task. Funding for such a workshop could be available.

As a final note, I would like to emphasize the interest in Question Generation in the Intelligent Tutoring Systems and AI in Education communities.

Please reply to this message to indicate your interest in such a task and/or your interest in participating in a workshop on defining the details of a Question Generation task.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Vasile Rus, PhD
Assistant Professor (joint appointment CS/IIS)
Department of Computer Science (CS)
Institute for Intelligent Systems (IIS)
The University of Memphis
373 Dunn Hall