[Corpora-List] unsupervised with semi-supervised

Taras Zagibalov T.Zagibalov at sussex.ac.uk
Sat Apr 19 19:57:57 UTC 2008

Dear colleagues!
I've been trying to find good definitions for supervised,
semi-supervised and unsupervised machine learning in Computational
Linguistics and NLP. I am especially interested in a good explanation of
the difference between  unsupervised and semi-supervised learning: to my
mind there must be some formally stated difference between a system that
uses only two seed words and a system that uses a manually created
word-list consisting of thousand items.
I will be thankful for all ideas regarding the problem

Best regards,
Taras Zagibalov
University of Sussex