[Corpora-List] Written Essay Corpus (graded?): now we need other 'native' varieties too

Charles Hall CharlesHall at rocketmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:19:21 UTC 2008

Thanks for that information about the BAWE. The UK assignments will be a great source of information about the differences in British and American writing in a single genre. Now we just need a similar American one (and an Australian, Canadian, etc....)

Charles

jasper holmes <jasper.holmes at gmail.com> wrote:

It consists of 2800 assignments submitted to one of 3 UK universities
and graded above 65%. Unfortunately for you, we don't have any lower
grades, but those we do have are graded in two bands: 'Merit' and
'Distinction'.

*************

Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr. h. c.
University of Memphis
Applied Linguistics and EFL/ESL

During 2007-2008:

Senior English Language Fellow for Language4Law at the CEELI Institute
Havlickovy sady 58
120 00  Prague, the Czech Republic

 www.abanet.org/ceeli/special_projects/ceeli_inst
www.l4law.org

Czech mobile telephone number: +420 739 37 03 45
Internationally accessible American telephone number:  901.313.4496
Skype: charlesmemphis

charleshall at rocketmail.com