[Corpora-List] native English corpus: which variety?

Charles Hall CharlesHall at rocketmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:22:39 UTC 2008

Which variety of English are you especially interested in? It's becoming clearer that there are, in spite of earlier predictions to the contrary, significant differences among the native varieties even within a single genre.

 Charles

didem özhan <ozdidem at metu.edu.tr> wrote:
Dear colleagues,
 I am looking for a corpus of argumentative essays written by native speakers (university students) of English. I would prefer a free corpus but the corpus should definitely include argumentative writings. Would anyone help?
  Thanks a lot.
--

*************

Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr. h. c.
University of Memphis
Applied Linguistics and EFL/ESL

During 2007-2008:

Senior English Language Fellow for Language4Law at the CEELI Institute
Havlickovy sady 58
120 00  Prague, the Czech Republic

 www.abanet.org/ceeli/special_projects/ceeli_inst
www.l4law.org

Czech mobile telephone number: +420 739 37 03 45
Internationally accessible American telephone number:  901.313.4496
Skype: charlesmemphis

charleshall at rocketmail.com