[Corpora-List] Common objects & descriptive features -- advice needed

Katrin Erk katrin.erk at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 3 01:03:53 UTC 2008

Dear Saket,

This problem has been addressed in psychology/psycholinguistics in the
form of feature norm experiments, where participants are asked to list
defining features for given words.

Data from some of these experiments is available online. See for
example http://ppw.kuleuven.be/concat/workshop2007.php

Some people who have run such experiments: Ken McRae and Gabriella
Vigliocco for English, and Sabine Schulte im Walde and Alissa Melinger
for German.

All the best,
Katrin