[Corpora-List] Announcement: Release of the Dependency Treebank Database DTDB 1.0

Joakim Nivre nivre at msi.vxu.se
Sun Feb 3 16:31:08 UTC 2008

Hi Olga,

In the CoNLL shared tasks on dependency parsing in 2006 and 2007, a number
of treebanks were used, some of which do not yet seem to be part of the
database:

Prague Arabic Dependency Treebank
Basque Dependency Treebank
Sinica Treebank (Chinese)
Penn Treebank (English)
Tiger Treebank (German)
Greek Dependency Treebank
Szeged Treebank (Hungarian)
Italian Syntactic-Semantic Treebank
Verbmobil Treebank (Japanese)
Floresta Sintactica (Portuguese)
Metu-Sabanci Turkish Treebank

Of course, not all of these are genuine dependency treebanks, but judging
from the treebanks included in the database so far, this does not seem to
be a necessary requirement.

In addition, there are two depedency treebanks for Latin, although I think
they are being merged, and a third treebank for Italian (the Venice
Italian Treebank), which also exists in a dependency version.

Best,
Joakim

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008, Eric Atwell wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Olga Pustylnikov wrote:
> > My question is: do other treebanks exist which are not part of the database?
> > If you know of an existing treebank that should be transformed into the
> > unified format please, let me know.
>
> Olga,
>
> The AMALGAM multi-parsed treebank is a small sample of 60 sentences
> parsed according to 14 different parsing schemes (parser outputs or
> corpus annotation schemes); it might be an interesting challenge to
> see whether/how these different representations can be transformed
> into eGXL.
>
> http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/amalgam/amalgam/multi-parsed.html
>
> Eric Atwell,   University of  Leeds,   WWW/email: google Eric Atwell

Joakim Nivre

Växjö University		Uppsala University
School of Mathematics		Department of Linguistics
and Systems Engineering		and Philology
SE-35195 Växjö			Box 635, SE-75126 Uppsala

Tel: +46 470 708992		Tel: +46 18 4717009
Fax: +46 470 84004		Fax: +46 18 4711094
E-mail: nivre at msi.vxu.se	E-mail: joakim.nivre at lingfil.uu.se