[Corpora-List] Document Relativity by John Sinclair

Linda Bawcom linda.bawcom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 13 21:15:16 UTC 2008

Dear list memebers,

  A couple of years ago, John Sinclair  was kind enough to send me a paper he was working on; a rough draft just 7 pages long  which he titled  Document Relativity. Of course I could cite it simply as a personal communication, but I am curious as to whether or not anyone knows of it being published.  It begins:

  "People want to access documents o the internet for a wide variety of reasons.  For many, the scale of their need for specific types of document is far greater than can be met solely by human inspection, document by document.  There is therefore a growing demand for assistance form the computer in the form of inspection, classification and selection."

  He then goes on to discuss intertextuality and intercollocability.

  If anyone has run across this (Ute?, Eleana?) in a journal or presentation, I would appreciate hearing from you.

  Kindest regards from Houston,
  Linda

      "Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind." John Donne