[Corpora-List] Keywords Generator (fwd)

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Mon Feb 18 14:44:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, True Friend <true.friend2004 at gmail.com> asked for
help:

Antconc has a word frequency count feature. Why not use that?

Ben Allison has given you a UNIX solution. Here's mine

tr "[:space:]" "\n" <Sense\ and\ Sensibility.txt|tr "[:upper:]" "[:lower:]"|tr -d "[:punct:]"|sort|uniq -c|sort > SS-list

Change "Sense\ and\ Sensibility.txt" and "SS-list" to what ever your own
files are call. You can tell what I've been playing with recently. ;-)

The difference between mine and Ben's is mine relies solely upon standard
filters that should be available on every UNIX machine. You might not have
Perl installed, which is required by Ben's version. Of course, you might
not have the GNU version of textutils, which I'm relying upon. We're both
sorting on ascending frequency.

> Hi Folks
I need a a programm/script (even of *nix) that can provide frequency of a
wordlist from two corpora. Actually I have made this list by comparing two
word lists one from general english (specifically from Pakistani Origin) and
law english (also of Pakistani origin). I know want to present these
keywords with their frequencies in both corpora as a proof that these words
are more frequent in law. Keywords are generated by Antconc.
Is there any script/tool that can generate a parallel list of frequencies of
each word in both corpora?
Regards
M Shakir Aziz
A Corpus Linguistics Student